At WCVA we offer a wide range of benefits and flexible employment that makes a difference. We’ve got an exciting new Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer role on our team.
WHY WORK AT WCVA?
As an employer, WCVA (Wales Council for Voluntary Action) can offer a number of benefits such as a flexible working scheme, pension at 9% of salary, and access to an employees’ assistance programme.
WCVA invests in its employees and their development. As well as being a Living Wage Employer, committed to paying staff the real living wage, WCVA has been awarded Investors in People accreditation.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION OFFICER
Duration: Fixed term – until March 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week. A flexi time scheme is in operation and time off in lieu is permissible for any work required to be undertaken outside the normal hours.
Location: Flexible Home-based, there are office hubs in Abergele, Aberystwyth and Cardiff and there will be a requirement to attend staff events as required
Salary: £28,507 increasing to £30,211 per annum following successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
About the role:
We are looking for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer to provide specialist advice, guidance and support to voluntary organisations in Wales.
The organisation is committed to improving equality and diversity in everything it does to help build a stronger, more inclusive sector where everyone is welcome.
As an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer you will provide specialist advice, guidance and support to voluntary organisations in Wales on equality, diversity and inclusion. You will also support the internal EDI work and partners from Third Sector Support Wales (TSSW), embedding EDI across all services.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity issues to voluntary organisations in Wales
- Establish partnerships with third sector equalities organisations to develop events and resources for voluntary organisations to progress their own EDI work
- Signpost third sector organisations to resources and training provided by equalities organisations
- Provide advice and guidance to staff and support internal EDI development work
- Identify, raise awareness and champion a calendar of events and good practice from within the voluntary sector, public and private organisations
- Work with partners to identify, collate and analyse qualitative and quantitative EDI data to gather insight and improvement opportunities
- Explore options for future sustainability of the role by gathering evidence and insight from the sector for an ongoing programme of support
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please download the application pack below:
If you would like an informal chat, please email Rajma Begum (National Diversity Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1 June 2021
Interview Date: 10/11 June 2021