Following the launch of the Volunteers Week 2021 campaign pack, the Volunteers Week Wales Subgroup share what they and some of their partners have planned for 1 – 7 June.
Our members and wider partners have been reflecting on the campaign themes for Volunteers Week this year, as well as coming up with plans to celebrate different types of volunteering all across the nation. Here are some examples which we hope will inspire you:
- Swansea Council for Voluntary Service (SCVS) are planning a coffee morning (Bore Coffi) for Welsh language speakers and learners with support from the local Menter Iaith
- Local Nature Partnerships (LNP) Cymru will be promoting Wales Nature Week using the hashtag #WNW2021 to recognise the volunteering that takes place in support of nature.
- Keep Wales Tidy are encouraging #LitterHeroes to support their Spring Clean Cymru campaign from 28 May – 13 June to help clean up the areas that have provided us with sanctuary during lockdown.
We are looking forward to seeing the breadth and depth of activity taking place across the UK during Volunteers Week and hope to see your organisations and volunteers celebrating across social media. Please use the hashtag #VolunteersWeek and #WythnosyGwirfoddolwyr so we can like and share.
THANK YOU TO THE VOLUNTEERS WEEK SUBGROUP
WCVA would like to give thanks to the subgroup members that have come together over the past few months to contribute to creating the national campaign content for Wales. Members this year are:
- Bridgend Association of Voluntary Organisations (BAVO)
- Youth Sport Trust
- Local Nature Partnerships (LNP) Cymru
- Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC)
- Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisations (GAVO)
- Association of Voluntary Organisations Wrexham (AVOW)
- Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services (PAVS)
- Keep Wales Tidy
STILL NOT READY FOR VOLUNTEERS WEEK?
Visit the WCVA website to download the campaign pack and other resources that will help you celebrate volunteering.
LIKE TO GET MORE INVOLVED IN PLANNING VOLUNTEERING CAMPAIGNS?
We regularly bring colleagues together from across the sector to plan and prepare for campaigns – to join future discussions get in touch with your local CVC using this list of local contact details or contact Nicola Nicholls at WCVA at email@example.com.