Trustees’ Week is an annual event to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.
This year Trustees Week will take place from 7 to 11 November.
Being a trustee involves taking on significant responsibilities and time commitments and the role is almost always unpaid Trustees Week is a fantastic opportunity to thank your trustees for the work that they do.
The theme for 2022 is ‘Making a Difference in Changing Times’.
WCVA and our CVC partners will be holding a range events during Trustees Week, so keep an eye on the WCVA newsletter and website for more details coming soon.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR TRUSTEES WEEK?
Here are some ideas for getting involved:
- Take the time to thank your trustees for their contribution
- Use the hashtag #TrusteesWeek to join the discussion on social media
- Attend one of the local or national events that will be happening during the week
- Take the opportunity to advertise any trustee vacancies you may have
Here are some interesting statistics about trustees from the Charity Commission’s Taken on Trust Research (2017):
- There are around 700,000 trustees in England and Wales
- 93% of trustees say the role is important or very important to them
- 70% of trustees volunteer for smaller charities
- The estimated value of trustee time is £3.5 billion a year
However, the majority (92%) of trustees are white, older and above average income and education, so there is a need to increase the diversity of trustees and recruit people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
We look forward to celebrating Trustees Week in Wales with you!
Get in touch with your CVC to find out what’s happening locally: Third Sector Support Wales
Want the latest news, views and announcements as well as useful articles on the topics that matter? Join our mailing list. Each week we offer a round up of voluntary sector news and updates straight to your inbox.