Trustees’ Week takes place from 6 to 10 November.
Trustees’ Week is an annual event to showcase the great work that trustees do and highlight opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference.
‘Trustees’ Week is a time for us to come together to celebrate the achievements of nearly one million trustees across the UK. Thank you for the time, commitment and effort you bring to your charities to help them thrive.’
Being a trustee involves taking on significant responsibilities and time commitments and the role is almost always unpaid, so Trustees Week is a fantastic opportunity to thank your trustees for the work that they do.
The theme for 2023 is Many voices. Working together. With purpose.
WCVA IS HOSTING AN EXCITING PROGRAMME OF FREE EVENTS FOR TRUSTEES:
Monday 8 November, 11am: Managing internal trustee differences positively: Lessons from the Actor’s Benevolent Fund https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/739958986247?aff=oddtdtcreator
Tuesday 9 November, 2pm: Young Trustees Movement Champion workshop
Thursday 9 November, 2pm: Trustees’ week webinar: Charity governance round-up!
There are lots more events listed on the main Trustees Week website (English only)
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR TRUSTEES WEEK?
Here are some ideas for getting involved:
- Take the time to thank your trustees for their contribution
- Use the hashtag #TrusteesWeek to join the discussion on social media
- Attend one of the local or national events that will be happening during the week
- Take the opportunity to advertise any trustee vacancies you may have
Here are some interesting statistics about trustees from the Charity Commission research:
- There are almost one million trustees in England and Wales
- 93% of trustees say the role is important or very important to them
- 70% of trustees volunteer for smaller charities
- The estimated value of trustee time is £3.5 billion a year
However, the majority (92%) of trustees are white, older and above average income and education, so there is a need to increase the diversity of trustees and recruit people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
We look forward to celebrating Trustees Week in Wales with you!
Get in touch with your CVC to find out what’s happening locally: Third Sector Support Wales https://knowledgehub.cymru/