Webinar 1 – Thursday 15 April
Employment Law: The Vaccine and the Return to the Workplace
As the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out provides a light at the end of the tunnel, many employers may be thinking about how this may affect their employees and how they can manage the return to the workplace.
In this webinar, employment law and HR experts at Darwin Gray will be discussing the following:
- Employment law and the vaccine – important considerations for employers, including discrimination, communication and unfair dismissal
- Handling furloughed staff’s return to work and potential shielding implications
- Managing accrued holiday requests and annual leave
Webinar 2 – Wednesday 21 April
Conducting Redundancies Fairly
Unfortunately, as the furlough scheme tapers, more and more businesses are announcing redundancies. The job market for redundant employees is tough, resulting in employees more likely to challenge the fairness of the process they have been through. As an employer, how can you minimise the risks?
In this informative webinar we will be exploring long-term considerations for employers, including:
- Alternatives to redundancy
- Terminating employment during furlough leave
- If redundancies are unavoidable, how to inform and consult with staff
- How to carry out redundancies in line with social distancing requirements
- Calculating and entitlement to redundancy pay
- The risks of getting the redundancy process wrong
Webinar 3 – Tuesday 27 April
Future-proofing your workforce
The pandemic has brought with it countless challenges for employers, ranging from the logistical to the financial.
While much is still unknown about how long Covid-19 will be impacting our lives, one thing that is certain is that it has evoked important considerations for employers to address in order to move forward and protect the future stability of their organisations.
Darwin Gray’s employment law and HR experts will be exploring these considerations, including:
- Return to the office (risk assessments, ongoing duties)
- Managing holidays and sickness absence following furlough/lockdown
- Practical tips for supporting employee mental health including techniques for managing personal well-being and remote worker well-being
- Taking forward new working practices which were useful during lockdown