26 February 2020, Bridgend – Delivered through the medium of English
05 March 2020, Gilfach Goch – Delivered through the medium of English
To equip you with approaches that can aid volunteer recruitment and prepare your organisation to offer a satisfying volunteering experience that supports ongoing engagement.
Is the rate of volunteer turnover high in your organisation or do you find it difficult to recruit volunteers? With so many volunteering opportunities on offer it can be difficult to make your opportunities stand out to prospective volunteers and even harder to keep volunteers engaged in your organisation.
To equip you with approaches that can aid volunteer recruitment and prepare your organisation to offer a satisfying volunteering experience that supports ongoing engagement, WCVA, in partnership with the Volunteering Wales Grant programme is running a one-day course for the third sector.
The course will:
- Help you identify what you are looking for from volunteers
- Consider a range of approaches and tools for volunteer recruitment
- Understand what research tells us about satisfying volunteering experiences
- Provide an opportunity to learn from other organisations about their approaches to involving volunteers
- Introduce you to the Investing in Volunteers quality assurance award
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- identify a range of methods suitable for volunteer recruitment and apply those which are suitable to your volunteer project setting
- identify approaches to improve the volunteer experience
- identify where you can access further support
Who this course is for?
Volunteers and volunteer leaders that are responsible for volunteer recruitment and / or the volunteer experience.
Individuals attending this event are invited to bring their volunteer recruitment materials to display them to other attendees and for the attention of the local venue staff and volunteers. Time will be made available as part of the day for trainees and others to view these materials and connect with volunteer co-ordinators and volunteers.