24 February 2021, 01 March 2021 & 03 March 2021
Delivered through the medium of English
This online course will give you the opportunity to develop your management skills and confidence in managing individuals and the staff team.
This course focuses on best practices in guiding and managing staff performance, including facilitating supervisions and annual reviews, and how to handle difficult conversations. We will cover the theory as well as tips and techniques so you can implement your learning back in the workplace.
The training will include presentations, small group work, discussions, and practice sessions. The training will be supported by PowerPoint slides and a full set of handouts.
Workshop 1: 24 February 2021, 9.30am to 11.45am
- Have confidence in implementing a performance management framework – identifying, managing and evaluating performance
- Be able to create a motivating environment and build trust both face to face and online
- Appreciate the purpose of supervision and appraisal
Workshop 2: 01 March 2021, 9.30am to 11.45am
- Appreciate how to run 1:1 supervisions and appraisals (face to face and/or at a distance)
- Understand how to set measurable objectives and provide feedback
- Consider how to ask insightful questions and give feedback to on site and remote workers
Workshop 3: 03 March 2021, 9.30am to 11.45am
- Understand how to address poor performance
- How to plan and structure difficult conversations.
- Understand how to handle difficult conversations.
Who the course is for?
This course is for anyone who is in a line management role – whether you are experienced and looking for a refresher, or if you are new to managing people.