New course dates coming soon
Delivered through the medium of English
To improve knowledge and skills in the area of safeguarding and develop strategic thinking around safeguarding for your organisation. To outline the role of trustees & board members in safeguarding and the responsibilities placed upon them by various regulators and legislation.
This introductory session includes presentations, exercises, small-group and whole group discussions and it will cover:
- Safeguarding – overview, legislation and safeguarding standards (Welsh Government, Charity Commission)
- Policy and procedures, roles and responsibilities
- What happens when a safeguarding concern is raised? – Step by step process
- What have we achieved so far?
- Safeguarding Plan
- Progress, Impact Assessment
- Review of current safeguarding structure and procedures
- Case studies – putting procedures into practice
- Where do we go from here? – an opportunity to explore areas of development and communication
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand their various safeguarding responsibilities
- Have improved and refreshed their knowledge about poor practice & abuse
- Understand the legislative context of child protection, adults at risk and safeguarding
- Be able to understand and describe how concerns/incidents are managed within the organisation
- Identify which bodies and structures lie behind the various duties
- Developed knowledge and skills about responding to any safeguarding concerns about people within your organisation
- Consider any safeguarding areas for future development within your organisation
Who this course is for
The training will be suitable for board members, volunteer leads and trustees who have responsibility for safeguarding in their organisations.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Zoom
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email email@example.com (see our cancellation policy)
To be added to the waitlist of a course or webinar please click here.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch.