21 & 28 September 2022 | 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
Delivered through the medium of English
To provide in-depth training to safeguarding officers, safeguarding leads or designated safeguarding person within the organisation. This course will support and aid the designated person with primary responsibility for managing safeguarding and reporting concerns about children, young people and adults at risk, the responsibilities and legal compliance including disseminating the safeguarding policy, procedures and processes throughout the organisation.
Welsh Government has said that “Safeguarding is everyone’s business”. Safeguarding should be a priority for all voluntary sector organisations, and especially those that work with children, young people and adults at risk.
This course will help the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) to lead the organisation’s approach to safeguarding children, young peoples and adults at risk within the organisation. It will explore the tasks, responsibilities and enhance the skills and knowledge of the DSO to support them to carry out their role effectively.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the core values and principles for the role of safeguarding officer
- Understand their role in meeting, improving and embedding the safeguarding policy, practices, and procedures within their organisation
- Understand the legislation and government guidance that underpins safeguarding in Wales
- Understand their responsibilities in responding to safeguarding issues relating to beneficiaries, staff or volunteers and apply skills to managing cases of poor practice and abuse within and outside of their organisation
- Locate and use a wider range of resources to utilise in their organisation
Who the course is for?
The course is provided for individuals who have a designated safeguarding responsibility within their organisation. This may include: designated safeguarding officers, safeguarding leads, safeguarding deputies, HR roles with safeguarding responsibility (those responsible for recruitment of roles working with children, young people and adults at risk), and anyone appointing or managing the individuals in these roles.
Upon completion a certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch. For any other enquiries please email email@example.com.