New course dates coming soon
Delivered through the medium of English
To enable you to better plan an engagement strategy for your organisation.
Failing to plan means planning to fail – especially when it comes to public engagement. This half day course will help you plan an engagement strategy, so that you know you’ve done everything you can to connect effectively.
You’ll use a variety of participatory tools and activities to plan an engagement strategy with an action plan for engagement. The course will use the National Principles for Public Engagement in Wales as the basis for planning your strategy.
This half day course complements the modular 2-3 day Public Engagement Course but is also suitable as a standalone course.
About the trainer
Alain Thomas, the principal consultant was born in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales in 1954. He has 12 years’ experience as a community development practitioner and has been a community development consultant since 1989. He attended Afon Taf High School in Merthyr Tydfil and has an honours degree (University of Wales Aberystwyth) and post graduate qualifications in Social Administration (University of Manchester), and Community Social Work (University of Wales Swansea).
Alain Thomas Consultancy was established in 1989 to provide cost-effective and flexible support to organisations of all kinds involved in community development. Alain Thomas Consultancy can call on the services of several associates with complementary skills and experience.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use the National Principles in creating an engagement strategy.
- Identify who you need to engage
- Identify methods of engagement to be implemented in your strategy
- Plan the timescale for a strategy and accompanying action plan
Who this course is for
Engagement Officers, Managers, or others who need to engage with the public and who would like to develop a more systematic and strategic approach to public engagement.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Zoom
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from email@example.com, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org (see our cancellation policy)
To be added to the waitlist of a course or webinar please click here.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch.