14 October 2020 – 13 January 2021, Delivered through the medium of English
This Masterclass course, comprising of five one- hour sessions is being delivered by Getting on Board, a national charity committed to changing the face of board membership.
To help small to medium sized voluntary heritage organisations learn and implement the skills, techniques and top tips to reach and recruit the best board members to supercharge their charitable outcomes.
There are five masterclasses that provide a deep dive into each step needed to successfully to recruit diverse board members:
- Working out who you need on your board (skills audits) – 14 October, 12:30-13:30
- Writing a compelling trustee advert and information pack – 21 October, 12:30-13:30
- How to find your new trustees (advertising) – 28 October, 12:30-13:30
- Shortlisting and interviewing potential trustees – 11 November, 12:30 – 13:30
- How to ensure your trustees get off to a flying start – 18 November, 12:30-13:30
- Clinic (your chance to ask any questions about trustee recruitment and share your success stories) – 13 January, 12:30-13:30
Sessions will be interactive including the use of Zoom break out rooms to allow group work, assessing the approaches of other organisations and looking at best practices examples from across the charity sector.
Please note, the Masterclasses are designed for one cohort and you will need to be able to commit to all of the dates listed. Places are limited with a maximum number of 20.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the importance and benefits of diverse boards
- Be able to design a process that encourages and enables inclusive board recruitment
- Embed principles of best practice into your board recruitment process
- Have started the design of each element within the course (i.e. you will start the drafting of a set of interview questions)
Who this course is for
Welsh voluntary Heritage organisation board members and staff who are partly or wholly responsible for board member recruitment in their organisation.
The masterclasses are funded through our Catalyst Cymru project, and are therefore specifically for Heritage Organisations in Wales with charitable purposes covering one or more of the following areas: Buildings and Monuments; Community Heritage; Cultures and Memories Land and Natural Heritage; Industrial, Maritime and Transport; Museums, Libraries, Archives and Collections.
Places are limited to one person/organisation and the cost for all five sessions is: £20.
Follow@CatalystCymru for details of new training course and webinar dates coming soon.
If tickets have sold out email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the reserve list.