New course dates coming soon
Delivered through the medium of English
Find out about key areas of safeguarding and good practice for voluntary organisations in Wales.
Welsh Government has said that ‘safeguarding is everyone’s business’. Safeguarding should be a priority for all voluntary organisations, and especially those that work with children, young people and adults at risk.
This course will provide an introduction to safeguarding good practice for people who work or volunteer in voluntary organisations in Wales.
Good and appropriate safeguarding provides public reassurance about your organisation and contributes to the positive reputation of the voluntary sector in general.
This is Group B (National Training Standards) course content, appropriate for learners in roles placed in direct contact with children, young people or adult service users/beneficiaries.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have increased understanding of what is meant by ‘safeguarding’ and how it is related to their role
- Have increased awareness of expected safeguarding policy and practice for voluntary organisations
- Have increased awareness of the legislation that underpins safeguarding in Wales
- Know where to find a wider range of safeguarding resources
Who the session is for
This online course is particularly suitable for staff, volunteers and trustees of voluntary sector organisations who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of safeguarding. It can also be used to compliment, or as a refresher for, face-to-face training.
The course will involve some preparatory work and a follow up quiz to test your knowledge. A certificate of attendance will be provided.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Zoom
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email email@example.com (see our cancellation policy)
To be added to the waitlist of a course or webinar please click here.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch.