Tuesday 5 December 2023 |
10 am – 1 pm | Online
Delivered through the medium of English
Wednesday 6 December 2023 |
10 am – 1 pm | Online
Delivered through the medium of Welsh
In this half-day course, we will look at how you can collect, analyse and use data to inform your decisions. We will also look at best practice for protecting your data.
This course is for those looking to leverage data as a strategic asset for evidence-based decision-making. You will learn how to use tools such as Microsoft Forms to collect data, and Microsoft Excel to analyse, and present that data effectively. The session will also cover essential data safeguarding principles and show how to encrypt, and password protect files and folders.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Be able to apply best practices to protect sensitive information, including data encryption and access control.
- Better understand how to use tools such as spreadsheets, databases, and data visualisation software effectively for data management and analysis.
- Use data to make informed decisions based on insights derived from data analysis.
Who this course is for
This course is for staff or volunteers who want to improve how they use their data to demonstrate impact and inform their work. This course is most suitable for people who:
- Are familiar with basic data concepts, such as data types, data formats, and data sources.
- Have experience with software tools such as spreadsheets, databases, and data visualization tools.
- Have a basic knowledge of data protection regulations and principles.
- Have an awareness of compliance requirements relating to data protection and privacy.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Teams
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from email@example.com, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org (see our cancellation policy)
If you’re unsure whether this course is pitched at the right level for you, please contact email@example.com.
This training will be delivered by Big Learning Company, who have 15 years of experience developing and delivering digital learning programmes across all sectors in Wales.
This training is part of Newid: Digital for the Third Sector. Newid is delivered in partnership by WCVA, Cwmpas and ProMo-Cymru, funded by Welsh Government. We promote good digital practice, by providing training support and information for the third sector in Wales. Find out more at newid.cymru.