New course dates coming soon
Delivered through the medium of English
Accredited by Agored Cymru
To enable you to understand the role of a facilitator, enhancing your existing skills and teach you a range of facilitation skills and techniques.
Have you ever been at a meeting that feels like it’s gradually slipping out of control? Or a session where your agenda has been left waving like a white flag in the wind while two of your participants argue?
Our accredited Effective Facilitation course will help you develop structured and fulfilling participative sessions, where you can stimulate discussion and retain the necessary authority to get the answers you need.
You’ll gain understanding of the role of the facilitator, learn to plan and run effective facilitated events, learn and practice a range of facilitation techniques including, consensus building, questioning techniques, voting and ranking methods. The course will also look at assertiveness and how to manage conflict and difficult situations.
It will be a participative course where participants will have the opportunity to explore and practice facilitation in a safe learning environment.
By attending this course you will be able to …
- Describe the principles of effective participation, facilitation and consensus building
- Evaluate key skills and values used in facilitation
- Apply consensus building techniques
- Apply a range of questioning techniques
- Demonstrate a variety of voting and ranking techniques
- Identify ways to be more assertive
- Understand ways to deal with conflict and difficult situations
- Know where to access additional resources
About the trainer
Alain Thomas, the principal consultant was born in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales in 1954. He has 12 years’ experience as a community development practitioner and has been a community development consultant since 1989. He attended Afon Taf High School in Merthyr Tydfil and has an honours degree (University of Wales Aberystwyth) and post graduate qualifications in Social Administration (University of Manchester), and Community Social Work (University of Wales Swansea).
Alain Thomas Consultancy was established in 1989 to provide cost-effective and flexible support to organisations of all kinds involved in community development. Alain Thomas Consultancy can call on the services of several associates with complementary skills and experience.
Who this course is for
This course is aimed at those who want to develop and increase their facilitation skills to enable them to effectively facilitate meetings and events with citizens, communities, colleagues and partnerships.
A registration fee of £21 per learner will be charged for those who register to complete the Agored Cymru assessment.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Zoom
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from firstname.lastname@example.org, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email email@example.com (see our cancellation policy)
To be added to the waitlist of a course or webinar please click here.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch.