New course dates coming soon – sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear.
Separate sessions delivered in Welsh and English
This FREE session, run by the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Hybu Team, will enable you to develop your organisation’s use of the Welsh language. It will provide you with information, research and practical advice to aid in planning for increasing your organisation’s Welsh language provision.
What’s the role of the Welsh language within the third sector? How is it relevant to you, your organisation and your service users? How can you plan to ensure you meet the needs of your audience? We will share practical ideas you can get started on straight away to increase your Welsh medium provision. In this training session you will look at the advantages of the Welsh language, historical and current language context, the support available from the Welsh Language Commissioner and practical planning to develop your Welsh language provision.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Understand the historical and contemporary Welsh language context
- Understand the legislative and public policy situation in Wales
- Understand the relevance of the Welsh language to your customers and service users
- Describe the advantages of the Welsh language within the third sector
- Identify and use the support and advice available, free of charge, from the Welsh Language Commissioner and others
Who this session is for
The session is suitable for:
- Workers, volunteers and trustees who want to gain a better understanding of the role of the Welsh language within their organisation
- Staff members with responsibility for their organisation’s Welsh language provision
- Individuals wanting to learn more about the relevance of the Welsh language to their role
10 am – 11.30 am
Please note: this session is not suitable for officers from organisations with a statutory obligation to provide Welsh language services. This includes public sector organisations and some from the third sector. There is further information on the Welsh Language Commissioner’s website . If you are uncertain, please get in touch for more information firstname.lastname@example.org / 03456 033 221 / www.comisiynyddygymraeg.cymru/hybu