New course dates coming soon
Delivered through the medium of English
To help you better understand the Theory of Change approach to evaluation and to apply the Theory of Change approach to your own purposes.
The theory of change approach is a way of planning the outcomes of a project – but it can also be used to help evaluate its impact. A robust evaluation framework is key to improving on your work, as well as to display its worth to funders, and the theory of change approach is the perfect way to do this.
This online course will be delivered over two sessions and begins with a plain-English explanation of some important terms used in evaluation, of different approaches to evaluation and what they aim to achieve.
The course then explores the characteristics of the Theory of Change approach through a mix of presentation, discussion, practical examples and a (not too serious) exercise. This demonstrates the key principles behind a theory of change approach, identifies its main strengths, and considers the various ways a Theory of Change can be represented.
The core of the course is an extended practical exercise, interspersed with information inputs and discussion to help you plan and develop a Theory of Change for a piece of work you’re involved in. This aims to embed the theoretical knowledge, give you confidence in using the Theory of Change approach and equip you with the basis of a plan you may wish to use in future.
The final part of the course deals with the questions ‘what can you measure?’ and, ‘how can you measure it?’ You’ll be sharing your experience of various tools and techniques for gathering information and producing robust findings.
By taking part in the course you will:
- Achieve a better understanding of key terminology used in evaluation, and of some important approaches to evaluation and what you aim to achieve.
- Better understand the unique characteristics of the Theory of Change approach, its key strengths, and how it might be applied to your own work.
- Learn skills and feel confident you can plan and implement a Theory of Change approach in your own work.
- Learn about some useful ways of gathering information that can be used to produce robust findings in a Theory of Change evaluation.
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in developing a theory of change approach within their organisation, or who wants to find out how to improve their organisation’s impact and evaluation practice more generally.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch. For any other enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure you have the best experience on our courses we ask the following of you;
- Commit to attend the full duration of the training
- Test your access to Zoom
- Training will commence promptly, please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time, as late arrivals may not admitted
- Our courses are interactive and engaging and we request where possible, that all learners have camera’s on and participate via microphone and chat facilities
- Let us know upon booking if you have any specific requirements ie BSL interpreters
- Joining instructions and resources will be blind copied from email@example.com, please check your Junk Email folder if you have not received them a week prior (any problems let us know)
- If you are unable to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org (see our cancellation policy)
To be added to the waitlist of a course or webinar please click here.
All our courses can be delivered bespoke and tailored to meet your organisation’s needs. Please complete our bespoke training request form and a member of our team will be in touch.