The aim of Safeguarding Week is to raise awareness about safeguarding because everyone has a role to play in keeping people safe from harm.
The 14 – 18 November is national Safeguarding Week in Wales
Safeguarding is about protecting children and adults from abuse or neglect and educating those around them to recognise the signs and dangers.
Safeguarding should be a priority for all voluntary organisations and charities, especially those that work with children, young people and adults at risk.
Good and appropriate safeguarding provides public reassurance about your organisation and contributes to the positive reputation of the sector in general.
This year Social Care Wales will be launching the new National Safeguarding Training Standards on Monday 14 November
There will be lots of other activities happening across Wales during the Week. To find out what’s happening in your area, check your regional Safeguarding Board website. You can find your board on the National Independent Safeguarding Board Website, Find your regional board
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Why not use Safeguarding Week as an opportunity to review your organisation’s safeguarding practice?
- Is your safeguarding policy up to date?
- Does anyone in your organisation need safeguarding training, or a refresher?
- Does everyone in your organisation know who to contact if they have a safeguarding concern?
- Do the people you work with know what you are doing to keep them safe from harm?
- Do your trustees know that they are ultimately responsible for the safeguarding in your organisation?
- Third Sector Support Wales
- Wales Safeguarding Procedures
- National Independent Safeguarding Board
- Charity Commission guidance on safeguarding and protecting people for charities and trustees
- Welsh Government Safeguarding guidance
For more information, please see our Safeguarding page
If you have any questions about safeguarding, you can get in touch with our Safeguarding Officer who will happy to help Safeguarding@wcva.cymru
Want the latest news, views and announcements as well as useful articles on the topics that matter? Join our mailing list. Each week we offer a round up of voluntary sector news and updates straight to your inbox.