Putting money to work in communities
Social Investment Cymru (SIC) financially supports social enterprises in Wales with a range of grants and loans.
We invest in organisations that want to generate more income or expand their range of services, and organisations that have previously struggled to attract grant funding for new projects.
Are you eligible for funding from SIC?
- The Social Business Growth Fund [link to subpage] is a mix of grant and repayable assistance that is designed to enable social businesses in Wales to grow and create job opportunities. SBGF is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Welsh Government.
- The Community Asset Development Fund [link to subpage] supports social businesses that want to bring an asset, like a library, pub or community hall, into community ownership.
- The Communities Investment Fund [link to subpage] is a loan fund for social businesses that want to expand, generate more income or purchase an asset. We aim to lend where traditional lenders won’t.
- The Wales Micro-business Loan Fund [link to subpage] is a Welsh Government investment through The Development Bank of Wales to support small and medium sized enterprises through small ‘micro’ loans.
- The Walter Dickie Leadership Bursary [link to subpage] is an annual award of £2,500 to support individuals in the voluntary sector to develop their leadership skills.
If you are interested, contact us for a preliminary discussion on 0300 111 0124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.