The Finance Committee has published its report on Welsh Government’s 2020-21 Draft Budget.
WCVA issued a written consultation response and attended a scrutiny session to give oral evidence. Following this, we are pleased to agree with several of the Committee’s recommendations and give them our support. These include:
- Better integration of the Wellbeing Goals into future budgeting
- Development of a Budget Improvement Plan
- Greater understanding of the carbon impact of the budget
- Greater scenario planning to respond to economic shocks and uncertainty – such as those the sector is currently experiencing due to short-term budgeting cycles
- An analysis of preventative spend within the Budget
- Engagement with stakeholders to find better ways to evidence and communicate how Welsh Government has identified priorities and made budgeting decisions
- Development of new strategies to improve the education, skills and employment opportunities of the most disadvantaged of society
You can read the full report here. Our consultation response is here.