The Newid: Digital for Trustees event series, is a programme of inspirational lunchtime talks taking place between the 16-25 May to support you with progressing digital within your organisation.
These events are suitable for all levels with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share experiences. Whatever your next steps with digital, stride out with confidence with the helpful tools and strategies from our event series.
EVENTS IN THIS SERIES
- Small actions, big differences: Trustees share their experiences of trying digital – Monday 16 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – Chaired by Rhodri Jones, Head of Digital Services at WCVA and trustee at Aberaeron Memorial Hall, trustees from Wales will be sharing their experience of trying digital in their organisation.
- Digital: how do we know we’re doing it right? – Tuesday 17 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – Join Zoe Amar and WCVA for an interactive session where you’ll learn from your peers as well as how The Charity Digital Code of Practice can help you grow your skills and confidence with digital as a trustee.
- Supporting the digital leader in your organisation – Wednesday 18 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – This session will cover the importance of the current digital context in Wales, where the voluntary sector fits in with the current digital strategy for Wales, and how to embed a culture of digital across your organisation.
- Digital strategy with Cwmpas – Thursday 19 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – This session will cover the essential elements for researching, developing and implementing a successful digital strategy.
- Cyber security essentials for trustees – Monday 23 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – Georgia Christensen is a Cyber Security Advisor from Tarian Regional Cyber Crime Unit. Georgia works with businesses and charities across the South Wales region to improve their cyber resilience, using presentations, exercises and simulations.
- Introduction to Social Media with ProMo-Cymru – Tuesday 24 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – With so many different social media platforms out there, knowing the best network for your audience, and tailoring your content for that platform, has never been more important.
- Getting started with digital for trustees – Wednesday 25 May 2022, 12 pm – 1 pm – This session will help trustees understand the key themes they should be considering at board level when it comes to developing a strategic approach to digital.
To book your place at any, or all, of the events in the series please click on the links above.
WHAT IS NEWID?
Newid: digital for the third sector is an exciting pilot programme of Digital skills development and support for the voluntary sector in Wales. The programme is a partnership between ProMo Cymru, Cwmpas and WCVA, funded by Welsh Government and supported by The Centre for Digital Public Services.
You can find out about the work of all three partners by following the links below.