Join the WCVA team and help strengthen our policy and influencing activity
WHY WORK AT WCVA?
As an employer, Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) can offer several benefits such as a flexible working scheme, pension at 9% of salary, and access to an employees’ assistance programme.
WCVA invests in its employees and their development. As well as being a Living Wage Employer, committed to paying staff the real living wage, WCVA has been awarded Investors in People accreditation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Salary: £34,883 – £36,743 depending on experience
This post aims to strengthen our client’s policy and influencing activity in support of their purpose. This is a direct response to feedback from their members and partners.
The post will develop evidence-based policy positions, focussing on areas where they can make the biggest difference. The role will help put members at the heart of their work. It will enable close collaboration with external partners as well as working internally with teams across the organisation.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure policy work is evidence-based, drawing on participation from members and the knowledge and evidence available across the organisation
- To develop and deliver an influencing plan, engaging members and partners
- To co-ordinate policy and engagement activity
- To lead the Influencing and Engagement Practitioner Network
- Manage research activity
- Manage the budget for the policy and research functions
- To manage a team working on policy on research
Closing date: 9 December 2019
Interview date: 18 December 2019
Applications submitted in the medium of Welsh are welcomed and will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.