Heritage organisations or organisations running a heritage project in Wales can apply now for coaching support through the new Catalyst Cymru: Broadening Horizons project.
Thanks to National Lottery players and funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, WCVA is running this new project in partnership with Wales Co-operative Centre.
The project is also supported by Ethnic Youth Support Team, Disability Wales and Pride Cymru.
Catalyst Cymru: Broadening Horizons will provide support to micro, small and medium sized heritage organisations or organisations running a heritage project to broaden their income streams and reach new audiences and people.
There will be two coaching cohorts of approximately 12 organisations and the application window for the first cohort is now open until the 13 December 2021.
WHAT IS ON OFFER?
Support is available between October 2021 and June 2023 and includes:
- Four days of free in-depth executive coaching for 25 organisations in order to build knowledge and confidence in a number of topics that contribute to organisational resilience, including governance, business planning and income generation
- A free / low-cost open training programme in part delivered by Wales Co-operative Centre
- ‘Widening network’ activities designed to help organisations progress or begin work to attract more diverse audiences and people to their organisations
- Community grants for organisations taking part in the coaching or widening network activities, to enable them to take forward actions identified within the other streams
- Developing a toolkit to provide guidance and resources to help heritage organisations increase diversity within their organisations
WHO IS CATALYST CYMRU: BROADENING HORIZONS FOR?
The activities are open to heritage organisations, and organisations running heritage projects in Wales.
In line with the National Lottery Heritage Fund, our definition of ‘heritage’ includes:
- Historic Buildings and Monuments
- Community Heritage
- Cultures and Memories
- Landscapes and Natural Heritage
- Industrial, Maritime and Transport
- Collections (incl. Museums, Libraries and Archives)
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY
To find out more about the project and how to apply for coaching support please visit our Catalyst Cymru: Broadening Horizons page.