We would like to invite voluntary sector safeguarding officers and leads to join WCVA’s new Safeguarding Community of Practice.
Safeguarding should be a priority for all voluntary organisations, especially those that work with children, young people and adults at risk. Good and appropriate safeguarding provides public reassurance about your organisation and contributes to the positive reputation of the sector in general.
The WCVA Safeguarding Community of Practice will provide a forum for people who have safeguarding responsibilities in charities and voluntary organisations to come together, share good practice, and discuss topical issues.
The first event will take place on Thursday 24 September from 10am – 11am and will include a presentation from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) on DBS checks with an opportunity to ask questions: Safeguarding Community of Practice Event
Membership of the Community of Practice will offer:
- Online events for safeguarding officers and leads with expert speakers on safeguarding topics
- A regular e-bulletin with the latest news about safeguarding
- Access to an online discussion forum facilitated by WCVA
Who can join?
Membership is open to people who have official safeguarding responsibilities within their organisations. This may include:
- Safeguarding Officers or designated leads
- Safeguarding practitioners
- Trustees with responsibility for safeguarding
If you would like to join the Community of Practice, please email our Safeguarding Officer, Suzanne Mollison including information about your safeguarding role.
Everyone has a responsibility for safeguarding – it is everybody’s business!
How WCVA can help you with safeguarding
- Free enquiry service offering one-to-one, confidential advice and information from our Safeguarding Officer
- Free information, guidance and resources on safeguarding
- Presentations, information sessions and surgeries for your organisation or members
- A range of learning opportunities, including online modules, webinars and face-to-face training courses
If you have any questions about safeguarding, please get in touch with our Safeguarding Officer by emailing email@example.com or contact us on 0300 111 0124.