The first Welsh Charities Week will take place 15-19 November 2021. Join us as we celebrate the charities, voluntary organisations, community groups and volunteers that enrich all of our lives here in Wales.
Volunteer, donate, take the #WhoseCoatsThatJacket challenge …these are just some of the ways you can get involved in the new #WelshCharitiesWeek.
Welsh Charities Week will take place for the first time this year between 15-19 November 2021.
The aim of the week is to celebrate and shine a light on the amazing work of Welsh not-for-profit groups of all shapes and sizes.
Organised by WCVA, Welsh Charities Week is supported by ITV Cymru Wales.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
During Welsh Charities Week we’re asking people to show their love and support for charities across Wales, in the following ways:
- Give them a shout out on social media
Do you have a favourite charity that’s close to your heart? Give them a shout out on your social media platform of choice. Tell us why you love them and remember to use #WelshCharitiesWeek.
Each day on social media we’ve got a different theme. We’ll focus on different aspects of how charities, voluntary groups and volunteers make a difference every day across Wales.
Welsh Charities Week is the perfect time to make a donation to your favourite charity. Remember it doesn’t have to be a cash donation – it could be a bag of clothes or other items for your local charity shop, or you could even donate some of your time by volunteering (see below).
You can also take part in our ‘Whose coat’s that jacket?’ challenge!
- Sign up to become a volunteer
Do you have some spare time on your hands and feel like you could use it to do some good? Why not sign up to become a volunteer? If you are interested in becoming a volunteer a good place to start is www.volunteering-wales.net.
You’ll find more about our different ‘shout out’ themes for the week, and how to take part in the ‘Whose coat’s that jacket?’ challenge in our campaign pack.
HOW CAN CHARITIES AND VOLUNTARY GROUPS TAKE PART?
If you’re a charity, voluntary organisation or community group:
- Send us photos of the great work you do to display on the Welsh Charities Week website gallery (please make sure you have the permission of everyone featured)
- Share a short video about your work on social media and remember to use #WelshCharitiesWeek. (You’ll find a simple ‘how to’ guide on the Welsh Charities Week website)
- Help us highlight the work of our sector by sharing the Welsh Charities Week campaign pack with your supporters, friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbours, people you meet on the street, the postman etc…
FIND OUT MORE
Visit welshcharitiesweek.cymru to find out more and download the campaign pack.