What is it?
The Welsh Government Wales and Africa Grant Scheme will enable community groups and organisations throughout Wales to access funding for small-scale Wales-Africa projects. Up to £230,000 is available per year, with an annual minimum of £50,000 dedicated to health activities.
Round five of Wales and Africa is open until 11 March 2020.
Hub Cymru Africa
Hub Cymru Africa can assist with project support and development including finding partners and ensuring you have all the correct supporting documents in place for your organisation. They are also able to assist in looking for funding from other funding streams for projects linking Wales and Africa.
You can contact the Hub Cymru Development and Support Team at: email@example.com.
Funding will be allocated under four thematic areas
Health – projects that contribute to the physical and mental health and wellbeing of communities in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Sharing of knowledge and skills between health institutions in Wales and Africa
- Supporting healthcare professionals in Africa to access small scale training and support from Wales
- Supporting communities in Wales and Africa to access to more equitable, quality healthcare
Sustainable livelihoods – projects that work to tackle financial poverty – enabling economic resilience in families and supporting small-scale enterprise and employment.
- Community-led, income generating cooperatives that have benefit to Wales and Africa
- Engaging the Welsh public through Fair Trade campaigns, advocacy or policy
- Activities that bring the Welsh consumer closer to the producer in a sustainable way
- Support for small-scale Sub Saharan African agricultural projects and grassroots income generating activities
Lifelong learning – projects that support individuals and groups in Wales and/or Africa to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Linking communities in Wales with communities in Africa to develop mutual understanding of global development and international issues
- Supporting the educational needs of disadvantaged children in Africa and sharing that experience with school pupils in Wales, contributing to their global education
- Supporting people in Africa to learn practical/vocational/artistic skills to improve their livelihoods
Climate Change and Environment – strategic and practical climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives using Welsh expertise.
- Projects which enable the use of renewable energy in Africa
- Projects engaging people in Wales with climate change issues as they affect Africa
- Work aiming to support African partners in implementing sustainable development practices
- Fund opens for applications
- You submit an application form by post or email
- Two weeks before application deadline – last chance for eligibility check
- Application deadline
- Approximately six weeks after deadline – notification of outcome
If you’d like to be kept up-to-date on the Welsh Government Wales and Africa Grant Scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.