In February, all across Wales, and South Wales in particular, communities were hit by Storm Dennis and the flooding it caused.

This fund is now closed to applications.

Michael Sheen set up a Go Fund Me campaign, in response to the flooding events hitting Wales.

‘Seeing the images of people with homes and businesses devastated by the recent floods both in my home borough of Neath Port Talbot and in the surrounding areas and beyond, is heart breaking. I see people working together to help their friends and neighbours. I see communities coming together and helping one another. I see people on the frontline doing everything they can to support those families whose lives have been turned upside down in the last few days. In order to continue this vital work, the groups and organisations who are helping the people of Wales urgently need our support.’


All funds raised were held centrally by Wales by Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) and distributed to communities across the country with those worst affected, taking priority. WCVA worked in partnership with County Voluntary Councils (CVCs), to ensure that the funds raised were managed effectively and received by groups and organisations taking action to respond to flooding events, ensuring benefit to those most at need.

There are other specific fundraising campaigns helping individuals and businesses – please do not stop donating to these.

Michael Sheen has a close relationship with WCVA as the President of the organisation. It was decided that WCVA would be best placed to administer the funds raised, as WCVA have a solid reputation as a grant funds administrator in Wales. WCVA holding funds also means that all donations received were eligible for gift aid.

Help Wales after Storm Dennis fund – list of grant recipients


For businesses affected:

Community Facilities Programme:

For individuals affected

The Welsh Government’s Discretionary Assistance Fund is providing £500 for all households affected by the floods. The household’s living area must have been affected to qualify. Uninsured households will get £1000. Individuals should contact their local authority for assistance in applying.