New Active Inclusion fund for COVID-19
Are you working with people who are experiencing barriers to employment?
The Active Inclusion Fund is managed by WCVA, supported by funding from European Structural and Investment Funds. It aims to reduce economic inactivity in Wales and improve the employability of disadvantaged people.
Successful projects must operate in the following areas:
- West Wales and the Valleys (working with unemployed and economically inactive people who are over 25)
- East Wales (working with unemployed and economically inactive people who are over 25)
- West Wales and the Valleys (working with people aged between 16 and 24 who are not in employment, education or training)
- East Wales (working with people aged between 16 and 24 who are not in employment, education or training)
Is your project eligible?
The funding is split into two categories:
Include is for projects that focus on first step interventions – engaging with people furthest from the labour market. You will work with people to overcome barriers to employment, in whatever way you think works best.
Achieve is for projects that offer paid, supported employment to those experiencing barriers to employment. Again, the way you achieve this this is entirely up to you.
The Include and Achieve aspects could also be incorporated into a Combined Include/Achieve project – consisting of a first step intervention followed by a paid role.
How to apply and what happens next
- Register on MAP – WCVA’s multipurpose application portal.
- Complete an Eligibility Questionnaire (EQ)
- Your EQ is assessed, and you receive a notification of the outcome
- If you are successful you will be added to the Approved Beneficiaries List
- Approved beneficiaries are eligible to apply for Active Inclusion Funding
- You submit an application for funding through MAP
- After the funding round closes applications are assessed, approved by the Economic Activity Panel, and you receive a notification of the outcome
- Successful applicants are invited to an implementation meeting with their Project Officer
- You then receive project training with the Project Officer and Financial Claims Officer
- Your project begins!
Get in touch
For support and to find out more get in touch with the Active Inclusion team:
0300 111 0124