Want to apply? Please click here or scroll down
The Active Inclusion Fund provides grants for projects in Wales that help disadvantaged people get back into employment.
Unemployment is on the rise in Wales, but projects funded by WCVA’s Active Inclusion Fund are fighting back.
‘…it really has boosted my confidence a lot’
Despite the pandemic Innovate Trust have been offering vital training and support for disabled people, enabling them to gain skills and work experience.
We’re people first
People with learning disabilities can often find themselves battling isolation and stigma, but Cardiff People First is transforming events and venues to make them accessible for all.
Powerful stories from Active Inclusion
WCVA’s Active Inclusion Fund is an important way for voluntary organisations to tackle unemployment in the wake of Covid-19. Here are just some of the many personal stories which demonstrate the impact Active Inclusion projects are having on people.
Apply for Active Inclusion funding
Are you working with people who are experiencing barriers to employment?
European funding for projects tackling unemployment is available until 2022, and though EU funds can be challenging WCVA’s expert team is here to help.
The Active Inclusion Fund is managed by WCVA, supported by funding from European Structural and Investment Funds.
It aims to reduce economic inactivity in Wales and improve the employability of disadvantaged people.
Jobs are the ultimate goal, but not the whole story
The Active Inclusion Fund provides grants for projects in Wales that help disadvantaged people get back into employment. Barriers to employment vary, and the grants are also relevant for those who specialise in supporting traditionally marginalised groups such as people with a learning difficulty or those from a BAME community.
Getting unemployed people set up with meaningful jobs is the end goal, but your project could also be providing a key step on the employment journey, such as:
- Volunteering roles that provide beneficial experience
- Skills training that help people’s employment prospects
‘WCVA is there to help you, the Active Inclusion team have been amazing’
Get in touch before applying
Got an idea for a project? Get in touch to discuss your idea with a member of our Active Inclusion team. We can help improve your chances of success and guide you through the process at each stage of the journey.
To arrange an informal chat email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 0124.
Where we operate
Successful projects must operate in the following areas:
Funding is available for projects operating anywhere in Wales. The fund is split into four themes based on location and age group:
- ‘West Wales and the Valleys’ (working with unemployed and economically inactive people who are over 25)
- ‘East Wales’ (working with unemployed and economically inactive people who are over 25)
- ‘West Wales and the Valleys’ (working with people aged between 16 and 24 who are not in employment, education or training)
- ‘East Wales’ (working with people aged between 16 and 24 who are not in employment, education or training)
Is your project eligible?
The funding is split into two categories:
Include is for projects that focus on first step interventions – engaging with people furthest from the labour market. You will work with people to overcome barriers to employment, in whatever way you think works best.
Achieve is for projects that offer paid, supported employment to those experiencing barriers to employment. Again, the way you achieve this this is entirely up to you.
The Include and Achieve aspects could also be incorporated into a combined Include/Achieve project – consisting of a first step intervention followed by a paid role.
How to apply and what happens next
- Register on MAP – WCVA’s multipurpose application portal
- Complete an Eligibility Questionnaire (EQ)
- Your EQ is assessed, and you receive a notification of the outcome
- If you are successful you will be added to the Approved Beneficiaries List
- Please note, the EQ process is not currently open to new applicants: if you are already on the Approved Beneficiaries List and want to add to your EQ, please contact the Active Inclusion team
- Approved beneficiaries are eligible to apply for Active Inclusion funding
- You submit an application for funding through MAP
- After the funding round closes applications are assessed, approved by the Economic Activity Panel, and you receive a notification of the outcome
- Successful applicants are invited to an implementation meeting with their Project Officer
- You then receive project training with the Project Officer and Financial Claims Officer
- Your project begins!
Get in touch
For support and to find out more get in touch with the Active Inclusion team:
0300 111 0124