Installation grants are now available to fund improvements to the energy efficiency of properties owned by voluntary organisations in Wales.
ABOUT THE SCHEME
The Energy Efficiency Scheme is helping voluntary organisations improve the energy efficiency of their properties by providing advice, finance and expertise.
The scheme provides:
- Grants of up to £1,000 towards an energy survey at your property
- Grants of up to £25,000 towards a maximum of 80% of the cost of undertaking the identified work
- Loans to cover any remaining costs of installation
- Connections with organisations who already work closely with the volunteer sector and can provide surveys, advice and installation
Using the information contained within an appropriate energy efficiency survey* (whether funded by our survey grants or not), you are able to apply for a grant of up to £25,000 to a maximum of 80% of the cost of undertaking the work identified in the survey, including irrecoverable VAT.
*Find out more about the survey requirements and our survey grants by visiting our Energy Efficiency Scheme page.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for this scheme your organisation must be:
- Suitably constituted with a recognised governance structure
- Own your own freehold property or have a long leasehold (minimum 25 years)
- Have an annual energy bill of at least £10,000 per annum
- Based in Wales
- Mid-December 2023 – First assessment panel meets for survey grants
- Mid-December 2023 – Applicants invited to apply for installation grants
- 12 pm, 15 January 2024 – Final deadline for applications for survey grants, round 1
- 22 January 2024 – Round 2 of survey grants open for applications
- 12 April 2024 – Final deadline for applications for installation grants
Installation grants are open for applications until 12 April 2024, 12 pm.
Find out more about the scheme and how to apply by visiting our Energy Efficiency Scheme page.