Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to support a vital leader in the voluntary sector, giving them the capacity to grow, develop and increase their impact.
The Walter Dickie Leadership Bursary helps leaders in the voluntary sector to develop their leadership skills. Each year the bursary provides a £2,500 grant to someone in a leadership role within a voluntary organisation in Wales.
The bursary is managed by our Social Investment Cymru team and is open for applications now until 2 October 2023.
WHAT WE’LL FUND
The parameters of how the bursary can be spent are open and applicants are encouraged to come up with interesting ideas to support their own development as a leader. Walter had a passion for travel and for learning, and WCVA wanted this bursary to reflect that. The money could for instance be used:
- on a particular course of study
- on funding a visit, possibly overseas, to see how others approach things, or
- simply anything that the beneficiary feels will move them and their organisation forward
The only limits are in your imagination!
PREVIOUS GRANT RECIPIENTS
Since 2017 the bursary has funded:
- A study visit to Copenhagen for lessons on sustainable transport
- A community gardening learning exchange in Montreal
- Network building and information sharing in the arts sector
- Several leadership development courses such as the Enterprising Leaders course with Social Enterprise Academy Cymru
- A game-changing trip to Hollywood for inclusive film charity, TAPE Community Music and Film
FOLLOWING THE LEADERS
2022 winners Steve Swindon and Louise Miles-Payne have been recording a series of podcasts speaking with other bursary recipients about how they’ve been developing their leadership skills.
In the latest episode they spoke with our Head of Social Investment Cymru, Alun Jones ahead of the opening of the 2023 bursary.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY
To find out more and make an application please visit our Walter Dickie Leadership Bursary page.
The deadline for applications is 2 October 2023.