The Building Public Trust Award for Impact in Social Enterprise 2022 is open for applications, and you could win £5,000!
PwC’s Building Public Trust Award, in collaboration with the School for Social Entrepreneurs, recognises excellence in social enterprises that can demonstrate a positive social or environmental impact.
The winner will receive a £5,000 donation and two runners up will each receive a £2,500 donation from the PwC Social Entrepreneurs Club, to help them continue to grow their impact.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following principles:
- Demonstrates positive social or environmental impact backed up by evidence.
- Demonstrates good use of impact measurement or evaluation methods.
- Involves and communicates with stakeholders.
- Clearly communicates both its intended and actual impact in the reports or evidence provided.
The applications will be assessed by a panel of subject matter experts from among PwC, the School for Social Entrepreneurs and other social entrepreneurs. The panel will shortlist ten entries initially and then choose three finalists. These finalists will then be considered by an independent judging panel.
This award is open to all UK-based social enterprises. Applicants must have an impact report and submit this as part of their application. Other criteria include:
- The business has a clear social/environmental mission that is set out in its governing documents
- Is an independent business and earns more than half of its income through trading (unless trading for less than 24 months)
- Is controlled or owned in the interests of the social/environmental mission
- Is transparent about how it operates and its impact
- Reinvests or gives away at least half of its profits or surpluses towards its social or environmental purpose
Last year’s winner was Noise Solution, a social enterprise that works with young people, families and carers using music to tackle issues such as disruptive behaviours, lack of motivation, low self-esteem, low engagement, neurodiversity, anxiety, depression and students at risk of exclusion.
The closing date for applications is 5 pm on Friday 17 June 2022. The winner will be announced at PwC’s Building Public Trust Awards dinner later in the year.